Nest Protect Smoke and Carbon Monoxide, 120-volt, Wired, White (S1001LW)
- Nest Wave - No more swinging brooms or towels. Silence alerts with a wave of your hand
- Heads-Up - Get a friendly alert so you can handle burning toast before a piercing alarm goes off
- Know from anywhere - Sends a message to your phone if the alarm goes off or if batteries run low
Meet Nest Protect smoke and carbon monoxide alarm.
The Nest Protect smoke and carbon monoxide alarm quiets down with a wave and sends notifications to your phone if an alarm goes off or its batteries are low. No more waking up at 2am to low-battery chirps that could be coming from anywhere. Make sure you have the right Nest Protect for your home — Battery or Wired 120V. Just check whether your current smoke alarm is connected to wires in your wall or ceiling.
Safety shouldn't be annoying.
We all know why smoke alarms are torn off the ceiling or missing batteries: because every time you make stir-fry, the smoke alarm cries wolf. Or just as you're falling asleep, you hear a low-battery chirp. They've become annoying. And that's a safety issue.
According to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), almost two-thirds of US home fire deaths happened in homes with no smoke alarms or no working smoke alarms.
So we made something new. Meet the Nest Protect smoke and carbon monoxide (CO) alarm.
Get a Heads-Up before the emergency.
Before turning on a loud, howling alarm, Nest Protect gives you an early warning. We call it Heads-Up — Nest Protect lights up yellow and speaks with a human voice, telling you where and what the problem is so you can take care of it in peace.
Always know. From anywhere.
Get a message on your smartphone or tablet if the smoke or carbon monoxide alarm goes off. You can also check the status of batteries and sensors on the Nest app, since Nest Protect constantly monitors itself. And if its batteries are low, you'll get a message on your phone.
Makes you a promise.
As you turn off the lights before bed, you'll see your Nest Protect glow green for a second. That means batteries and sensors are working. It also means you won't be waking up at 2am to low-battery chirps.
Sees what's invisible.
You can't see carbon monoxide. Or smell it. It's early symptoms are easily mistaken for the flu, but longer exposure can be deadly. That's why Nest Protect constantly looks for dangerous levels of carbon monoxide.
Silence alarms with a wave.
No more frantically swinging towels at the smoke alarm to quiet it down. If there's a nuisance alarm, just stand under Nest Protect and wave your arm to hush the alert.
A clear voice when things go wrong.
In addition to an alarm sound, Nest Protect speaks to you with a human voice. It tells you what the problem is and what room it's in. And if you have more than one Nest Protect, they connect so they can speak up at the same time even if Wi-Fi is down.
Works with your Nest Thermostat.
If Nest Protect's carbon monoxide alarm goes off, your Nest Thermostat automatically turns off your gas furnace — a possible source of poisonous carbon monoxide leaks. The Nest Protect activity sensors also improve the Auto-Away feature of your Nest Learning Thermostat.
Lights your path at night.
Next time you stumble out of bed in the middle of the night, Nest Protect will automatically light your way.
Both Nest Protect (Wired 120V) or Nest Protect (Battery) take only minutes to install.
Connecting to Wi-Fi and setting them up with your iPhone, iPad, or Android device also takes just a few minutes. Every Nest Protect in your home will connect to the others automatically.
What's in the Box
- Nest Protect (Wired 120V)
- Three long-life backup batteries
- Four screws
- AC 120V connector
- Three wire nuts
- User's Guide and Welcome Guide
- 2-year limited hardware warranty
External buttons and connectors (Wired)
- Light ring (5 RGB color LEDS)
- Micro-USB (not for normal use)
- 120V connector
- Backup battery compartment
- Photoelectric smoke sensor
- Carbon monoxide
- Heat sensor
- Three activity sensors
- Ambient sensor
Speaker and Horn
- Speaker loudness: 80 dB @ 3 feet (1 meter) @ 1kHz
- Horn: 85 dB SPL at 10 feet (3 meters)
- Working Wi-Fi connection: 802.11 — 2.4 GHz
- Wireless Interconnect: 802.15.4 — 2.4 GHz
- iPhone or iPad with iOS 5 or later
- Android 2.2 or later
- Free Nest Account
Size and Weight
- Height: 5.28 inches (13.4 cm)
- Width: 5.28 inches (13.4 cm)
- Depth: 1.63 inches (4.1 cm)
- Weight: 12.4 ounces (352 grams)
This alarm should not be installed in locations where the normal ambient temperature is below 4°C (40°F) or exceeds 38°C (100°F).
Available out-of-the-box: English (U.S), Spanish.
Languages available via download: French (Québécois), English (UK).
- Product Dimensions: 5.28 x 5.28 x 1.63 inches; 0.78 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 0.78 pounds
- ASIN: B00FN4EW3O
- Item model number: S1001LW
- Average Customer Review: Customer Reviews